What do you think about Wicca?

Is it satanism?
Is it a nature based religion?
Is it simply part of the "New Age" movement?
Or is Wicca simply silly/stupid whatever?
I wanna know what you think. Say what's on your mind about this but PLEASE no bickering amongst each other.
Ladies, let's please remember that i asked for opinions and NOT facts. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honestly don't know much about it, I think it is more a nature based religion.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well, being Pagan I have many of the same beliefs and practices that Wiccans do. It's a wonderful earth based religion full of love and kindness. I only wish more people knew the truth about Wicca and other Pagan Paths...

BTW, a religion that has no belief in Satan can't really be Satanic... That's kinda an oxymoron, lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My opinion is that Wicca is a nature religion that worships a Goddess and God. I see nothing wrong with it and I am very happy being a Wiccan. It has nothing to do with Christianity, we are not members of the Abrahamic faiths. It is not any more silly then the other faiths that are represented on this forum.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm not sure how to not answer with facts LOL I'm not Wiccan. My opinion is that they worship a Goddess and a God, and I believe that they believe that all gods are one GOD, all goddesses one GODDESS. They celebrate the Wheel of the Year. Some claim a historical lineage that I don't believe is true, and don't believe is necessary to legitimize the religion. Definitely a nature based faith, and certainly not satanic. They do not worship Satan, and on the other end, don't believe the principles of Satanism. Many of them practice ceremonial magick in groups, which is not something that appeals to me at all. I'm not against it, it just doesn't resonate with me. Some Wiccans are into some New Age beliefs, (just as some Christians or Jews are) but it is not a "part" of Wicca.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• And when my MIL recently announced she was Wiccan, even though I am not I felt an increased respect for her, seeing a new side to her. So my opinion is that while it is not the belief or practice for me, it indicates to me good things about someone. :-)
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 12:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• being a christian, i believe that wiccan is "wrong" in such that anyone who worships other "gods" or puts anything before god is disobeying the first commandment that there is only one god--GOD! and worshippoing idols (wicca practices) is sinful and those who practice it (or put money, sex, etc before GOD) will go to hell.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My SIL is a wiccan and she is far from satanic, silly,stupid, she's a wonderfull woman from what she's told me it has to do with the greek gods/goddesses and more of just natures force and there are different forms of wiccan practise in wicca itself, hopefully that makes sence
    AiOkasan

Answer by AiOkasan at 12:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It is a nature based faith. It is NOT Satanic, they don't even believe in Satan. I also do not think it is just something silly or stupid. I am also Pagan and I personally do not see anything wrong with it...as Sabrina said, I share many of the same beliefs.

anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 5:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I believe it is a movement comprised of sincere (mostly) loving people (the ones I know anyway, lol) who have been tricked by a master deceiver (even if they don't believe in him). I believe the whole world (even Christianity) is moving towards more Wiccan/NewAge beliefs (all gods are one god).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• satanism hahah thats funny.

its an earth based, gods/goddess based religion. its not form me.....another wild witchi n the area said "wicca is like bunny fluff" in comparison to the whole realm of the spiritual....and i sorta loko at it like that....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009