Do you shower during a thunder storm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I'm a big baby I'm scared the lights might go out lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• no. the lightening can hit your house and be conducted stronger through water. my dad had me terrified of it by the time i was 8.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 12:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• not if there's lightning....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I saw an episode of Mythbusters where they tested that theory.. and will never shower or talk on the phone during a storm ever again! lol
    MandyOs

Answer by MandyOs at 12:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Nope. I don't even like to use the bathroom if it is storming. I won't talk on the phone either. Granted, I am afraid of storms because my parents' garage has been struck by lightning twice and two trees in their yard have also been struck.
    Jenny301

Answer by Jenny301 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Never even heard of that. My neighbors cover there mirrors though.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• During thunder, sure. I've only seen lightening overhead here once, and I've lived in this area nearly all of my life. It mainly seems to stick to the mountain regions.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Covering the mirrors? Weird..why?
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We have dry lightning storms here. I love to go outside (under a roof) and watch the lightning hitting everywhere and listen to the thunder and feel the reverberations in the air. So, no I don't take a shower, I'm outside in the storm!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• depends on how bad the storm is. If it's not too bad I will, but if it's really bad no way. Last yr we had a really bad storm and my son fell asleep with the channel changer laying against his face and I was on my computer and daughter had her cell phone on her lap. A huge bolt a lightening lit the sky. I got zapped by my computer (very lucky it didn't get fried), daughter got zapped by her phone sitting on her lap and my son woke up to ask why the channel changer bit him. Now I turn off my computer and unplug it in storms.
    MUDDERING

Answer by MUDDERING at 12:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009