Who has cheaper birthday cakes? Wal-mart, winn-dixie, or publix and can you get chocolate icing? I always see just the white icing.

Wal-mart, winn-dixie, or publix and can you get chocolate icing? I always see just the white icing.

JonahsMom1107

Asked by JonahsMom1107 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 13, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I don't know about cheaper but publix cakes are going to be WAY better than walmarts in my experience. it will only be a few dollars if any and worth the diffrence. and yeah I am sure you can order one with chocolate icing.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 5:13 PM on Aug. 13, 2008

• Publix for sure is the better quality.
    alexmom07

Answer by alexmom07 at 8:56 PM on Aug. 13, 2008

• as far as quality... most of the time they are pre-baked pre-frozen sheets of cake that all come from the same manufacturer (sorry guys, I worked for one such company... Walmart, Albertsons, Smiths, Publix, Winn-Dixie.. they all get their cakes from the same place) the frosting is sometimes already on the cakes... but they also order frosting in tubs which can be applied any time you want so all you have to do is call ahead and ask for a chocolate cake or chocolate frosting or whatever you want and give them time to make it.. give them at least 72 hours but they might not need that much time depending on what they have in stock.

Sorry to burst your bubble ladies, but its the SAME CAKE and the SAME FROSTING no matter where you go.. it all comes from the same place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Aug. 14, 2008

• Don't know if you have one where you are, but I always just pick up an already made cake from Sam's Club the morning of the party. Go right when they open. I get a half sheet for less than $16. it's almost twice as much at our grocery stores. Plus, they will write anything I want on the cake for free. Sure beats having to order in advance! ....not sure about the chocolate frosting, but they make chocolate or marble for sure.
    OR you can just make your own the way you want it !
    sugarfits

Answer by sugarfits at 5:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2008