any suggestions on somewhere i can work parttime at night? i had a baby 5 wks ago and cnt afford to put him in daycare and we cnt live off my fiances income i applied and walmart and albertsons where are some other places to wrk at night?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you tried any convenience stores or maybe a sonic restaurant or McD's? I know they are necessarily ideal jobs, but it they are great for part time evening work. My SIL works at Sonic, has for over 5 years and she is now a manager and makes pretty good money....good luck finding something!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 12:37 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Have your tried local hospital(s). They might have jobs in the food service or even in the cleaning department. Just a thought.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Maybe you can work from home. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I work part time out of the spare room, make almost as much as I did before once you consider daycare, commute, clothes, etc... My stress level is way down, my kids love being home and I am not missing any of the milestone moments. If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Hey girl! My name is Kim and I'm with Gold Canyon. I really think it could be a great fit for you! I felt the same way as you and want to do something in the evenngs so that I could be home with my twins. I've been with them about two years now and it's been a really great thing for me. I love that you can make $ immediately and that you are rewarded for your efforts. If you'd like to hear more, please PM or email me. Right now you can get started for just $20 (including shipping)!! There are other options too. Remember this is not a job, but a business. I hope to hear from you!

Kim Niehaus
    kim.niehaus@goldcanyon.us
    http://www.mygc.com/kimniehaus

justkima

Answer by justkima at 11:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Try getting on the graveyard shift of a hospital. WHen I was in school I worked at a hopital as a CNA. My shift was 11-7. Good luck!
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would consider working from home, you can do computer work during naps and any gaps in time... you will not have the cost of transportation - there are several opportunities out there, you will need a computer but it is a good investment some for just a few $100... you child then can grow with you home, no childcare needed! Just a thought, something to think about.... blessingsbegin.com
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 12:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Work from HOME for FREE!

http://www.cashle.com/index.php?ref=cindyk1982

I make excellent money AND I work when I feel like it! I also get paid everyday!

SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 12:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I work from home for a good company and it's going great. I set my own hours and don't have to worry about my 3 year old acting up. They have great pay and benefits and it's really easy. Ressearch my site and listen to the overview. If you're interested fill out a request for interview or shoot me a call or email. I also have more info and links I can send you if you need them.

http:www.freedomathometeam.com/tcarter
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You can make the same money you'd be making at a part time night job from home selling Avon! Why don't you give it a try? Its only $20 to start www.start.youravon.com and use reference code dhullum . You have tons of ways to make money with the company and can do all of it from home with your baby. PM me for questions. Its been a life saver for me :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 2:33 PM on Jun. 11, 2009