Is your son circumcised?

I hear alot of people are against it. I have talked to 4 diffrent drs. and they all say its a healthy thing to do. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• All three boy are circd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes my ds is and when this one comes he will also be circd.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Nope. I didn't see a need or a good reason to. If it's ever medically necessary or if someday he decides he wants it done than it will be done. Until then he's perfect.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My little guy is. I used to work in a clinic and some 40 year old came in looking to be circumsized and after he spoke with the Dr. he left with a ghost white face. Poor thing;( Could you imagine getting that done when you are old enough to know whats going on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• No, I didn't find it necessary. For centuries it was a religous belief (Jewish) and then all of a sudden it became a "cleanliness" issue to avoid infections. My son is 10 and has never had an infection or any problems. His father wasn't circumcised. I like foreskin, lol. It is his choice to do it if he wants but I doubt he will want to get it done. The only thing that should be cut when a baby is born is the umbelical cord. JMO.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My ds is circumsized. Dh is so we felt it best for ds to be also. Avoid confusion when he got older.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Just Do It! it is healthier to get it done!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It is not healthier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• no. it is not at all healthier, nor is it necessary. it's not covered by medical insurance here because it is a purely cosmetic procedure.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• DS isn't circ'd and neither is DH. DH has never had an infection. There are no medical studies showing it is healthier to do it. Do your research and do what you feel is best for your family.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009