New Juicy Juice with DHA

So the secret ingredient is fish oil. I don't know I just find that a somewhat disgusting addition to fruit juice regardless of the benefits. What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that I'm glad you told me since my dh is allergic to fish. I looked it up and it gets the oil from tuna, the only fish dh can eat. I'm willing to give it a try. My kids take an omega 3 supplement anyway so it's not like they need it from the juice.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My son HATES Juicy Juice lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• fish oil is good for most people.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 1:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• No, it's not just fish oil. There's also artificial DHA which is made with fermented algae and fungus, extracted with hexane (which is refined crude oil)... and is actually a neurotoxin.

Go get fish oil from a different source, and for kids under two (who are the target audience for the juice anyway), get natural SAFE DHA from breastmilk.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 1:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yup, what RanaAurora said.

I eat flax seeds, tuna, and salmon for my omega - 3 and take a supplement because I am prone to depression.

DD is 2.5 and she nurses (it's in my milk) and then eats what I eat.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 3:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I completely forgot we have the new Minute Maid juice with DHA in it. They get it from Algal oil. Dh doesn't seem to have a problem with it and it tastes great.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2009