Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protecting my daughter from the hurt and confusion...

so my soon to be ex and I split up in Jan. (his choice) I wanna work it out go to counseling-WHATEVER IT TAKES; but he does not.
Long story short-I know hes starting to see someone (wether he started when we were together or w/e- who knows) but any ways... Here is my question-I HAVE CUSTODY OF HER, He takes her on is days off. Sometimes he keeps her on his days overnight AND I AM FINE WITH THAT, however dont want his "friend" staying the night. I dont care what he does on his own time but dont want it goingon in front of her. Its too soon and shes too young. I think when the time is right he can bring her around but I dontwant ppl in and out in and out. Besides it's their only time together and if there is someone else there y know he aint paying attn to the baby. (our 2 yr old). Can I have this written up in our divorce agreement??? And I dont want my child left with anyone else either. BIG BIG NO NO! right??? I dont wanna

Answer Question

Asked by NewTakeOnLife09 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (10 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • CONT.

    set too many rules in fear he'll stop seeing her but I wanna protect her too??/I went thru this when I was little and dont want her going thri it too. :(

    Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • You can have it in your custody agreement. I had it in mine, it is standard here. It also includes giving the other parent notice in writing at least 30 days before moving in with someone of the opposite sex.

    Answer by LolosMom at 1:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • wow I like the 30 day notice- I wonder if we can do that here in Ohio???? Our divorce ISNT finalized yet.

    Answer by NewTakeOnLife09 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • insist to your lawyer that this makes it into the custody papers. do not let him get around it. it is not an unusual request.

    Answer by trepsica at 1:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • I think if you are this cool about it then he should be cool with you and respect your wishes.

    Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

  • We wrote into our CO that if either parent could not exercise their visitation with the kids for more than 4 hours, the kids go to the other parent. This was mostly due to the ex's habit of dropping the kids off with his family while he worked or traveled out of town. This way, if either of us needs to run a quick errand, we can find a sitter or use family but he can't leave the kids for the day or overnight. It has worked really well for us. I think pretty much anything you & DH agree upon as far as custody can be written into an order nowadays. Mostly, the courts just want to see that you agree & have something that you both can follow. Good luck!

    Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.