has anyone been to the Basilica of Guadalupe

Is it hard to listen to Mass with all the tourist? I want to make a trip there but looking at the pictures and videos it seems like it is more of a tourist site than a pilgrimage.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Never been there but my parents have. I say it will be what YOU make of it. Sometimes you are in such awe of the spirituality of something that you never even notice anything around you. I feel this at mass every Sunday.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, I visited there when I was doing a study abroad program in college.

They had a little moving walkway so you could go up and see the picture and it moved you along so you werent in everyones way.

Im thinking mass wasnt being performed when we went but there were hundreds of people kneeling in pews praying and such and it didnt seem to bother than to have people coming and going.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009