how much

would you charge to clean a 8 bathroom 9 bedroom home? this house is 24 ,000 sq ft. I was thinking 3 days a week 9-5 cleaning,this includes dusting everything keeping windows cleaned, scrubbing bathrooms top to bottom. Maybe $10-12 an hour? too much? or too little?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• too little. way to effing much house. charge like $40 an hour and bring a friend and split it, $20 an hour each. that is a LOT to clean.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 1:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Oh yea I would bring my own materials, simple stuff like rags,buckets,brooms my kind,window washing stuff,poles for dusting and window washing etc etc etc!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Would also depend on if you bring the supplies or they have them already. And also take in how well they keep things up. Will you be just basicaly such as dusting , valcuming , stuff like that or really have to do deep cleaning.
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If it was me bringing my own , then I would charge more than 10-12 hour ( you'll find that your marterials will add up. I'm talking cleaning supplies, bleach or pledge things like that )
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 1:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ughh I dk. The house is brand spanking new. At first it will need a deep cleaning,I'm talking saw dust heaven! The BIG nasty mess that comes with construction workers. I have 2 girls who said they would help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Way too little! Most agencies are charging at least $20 an hour these days.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I cleaned as a teenager and I got $10 an hour- and trust me I'm not the greatest cleaner in the world. I'd say start with $15 at least- and of course this depends on where you live.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 4:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• 12-15 per hour but I would bid it by the job.... you might be one of those gals that can get in and get it done while doing a great job... you can count on the first cleaning to take the longest so you can bid it higher - one time charge and then a flat rate per week there after... if time is an issue take someone along but you will want to check their work as the bid is in your name... take your own cleaning supplies - keep your caddy filled and I would look at a small trash can on wheels to move from room to room, pre-spray your bathrooms makes them go faster... hope it helps
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2009