Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can make sure my 5 month old little girl remember her Daddy?

My fiance passed away on May 31st. Our daughter turned 5 months old on Wednesday. I need some suggestions to keep his memory alive for her---and my kids. (He was their Daddy to.)

kgck_momma

Asked by kgck_momma at 1:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Talk about him. Talk about him everyday. Say things like "your daddy would be so proud" and relate him to the kids like if one of the kids favorite color is red, say "your daddys favorite color was red too" say "you have your daddys eyes" Listen to music he liked and tell them which were his favorite songs and maybe even why. Bring him up in everyday conversation.Keep pictures of him up where they can see them. Keep his favorite things around, like his favorite book, blanket, tie whatever.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 2:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• O god honey I am so sorry!! She is so young right now theirs not much you can do! When she gets older she will start to ask questions and you will be there to answer them and show her pictures! If the other kids are old enough to understand just explain to them that even though he is not physically their that he will always be in their hearts no matter what!! I am so sorry to hear this, everything will be ok!! God bless you!

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I think the best thing you can do is keep pictures of him around your house. Not like a shrine or anything, just part of your decor. That way, as your daughter grows up, she will be aware of him. Make a scrapbook for your kids--ask a friend for help if it is too painful for you. If you have any movies of him, make sure you watch them on occasion. If you have any ceremonies you do such as Mass or visiting the cemetary every year, make sure you include the children. Also, and this might be hard depending on your relationship with them, make sure the kids are involved with their Dad's family. They will be your best source for funny, amazing, incredible Dad stories. Who else knows all the stories from when he was a kids? Your DD will one day need to hear those stories. Again, I am so sorry for your loss & I will be praying for you. Hugs!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I was 26 weeks pregnant when my daughters daddy passed. I have pictures that are hers. She will know who he is when she is old enough to undertand what happened. Currently I am remarried, and she calls my huband daddy, and he is.....he is raising her, but when she is older she will know who fathered her.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Pictures and movies and talking about him daily.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes pictures are really good. You can get a soft baby book that fits pictures and add pictures of her daddy and her, and her daddy with you, Also don't lose contact with his family, being around aunts, uncles and grandparents that can tell her stories of some of the stuff her daddy used to do when he was her age may also help, and it will give her some roots.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2009