• In the Spotlight:

There is a spider on my ceiling

and i am scared to death of spiders. How can i kill it or perferably get it out of my house? It keeps getting closer to me and it's freaking me out! My DH is in Iraq so i certianly cant call on his manly skills. ...what do i do? aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 2:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Make sure you have several shoes to throw for each time you miss it! Or stand on a chair and hit it with a book.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• try spraying it with somthing ( hair spray or somthing ) kinda knock it off it's feet , then hitting it with a rolled up newpaper. Wouldn't do any good to call my hubby , cause he is scared to death of them to. So that is how I kill them when he yells.. LOL
    Shaqbe4u

Answer by Shaqbe4u at 2:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I share your fear!!!! OMG!!! I would sleep in the other room, any other room!!!!
    Seriously, i've done it before. Last month there was a spider on my bedroom floor, i killed it though. With ll kinds of screamming to myself and jumping around like a dumbass!!! Then i slept on the couch for 2 weeks......lmfao!!! I HATE SPIDERS,,,,uckkk! Killed it with the baby wipes case.

For you, if your braver than me.....i would try a cup and a peice of paper. Trap it with the cup and then slide the paper over the top before you move the cup. GOOD LUCK TO YA> :D
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 2:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Throw you shoe at it. That is what i do.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• uhhh... ur like 100 times bigger than the spider and hes not gonna do nething to u other than run in fear like they always do, so squish it. not to sound rude or anything, no rude-ness implied my dear. im not afraid of spiders so not too big a deal to me. sorry
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 2:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I dont have anything to spray it with. ...no hair spray or air freshinor. ...i dont use those products. ...

and screaming and jumping around like a dumbass is deffinantly more my style then getting close enough to catch it in a cup. lol
    ugh. ...freaky thing/. i dont know what to do. luckily it has stopped moving. ...i think it's trying to sleep or something. ...but i dont want it there!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• RUN! lol.
    I'm such a wimp when it comes to bugs. I get my parents to kill them when they're around or my friends.
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 2:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If i throw my shoe at it. ..and it doesnt kill it but it falls to the ground and runs under my furniture then what i'm i gonna do? ...idk. sounds scary to me. ...but i'm running out of options.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• btw. it's like the size of a nickle ...which in my opinion is pretty big! .,..if it were smaller i'd have already dealt with it somehow. ...
    .
    i cant just go up and squash it. what if it jumps on me? ...i had a black widow almost jump on me once. that was a very scary day.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ...okay. well here goes the multiple shoe idea. ...i'll let you all know how it all works out.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2009