Anyone else think Oprah is over rated?

I am so tired of seeing her face everywhere. I don't think Obama is the anti-christ but she is...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah Oprah bugs me. It seems like she always has celebrities on her show so I don't watch anymore as it is hard for me to relate.

Have you ever noticed that nobody in that business ever bashes Oprah? Why is that? Nobody ever talks about her weight issues until she brings it up first and then its okay to talk about. Crazy! If any other big name puts on a few pounds their fat asses are pictured all over every magazine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It is law that Oprah can do no wrong. I don't get what is so great about her? And now she has a church? WOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• sometimes I do watch the show, but most of the time when I do watch I find myself getting mad lol. I dont like how she constantly has doc's telling us the next "big" thing is weight loss or life management or money news, or fashion...boring! and the celebreties even now...can she say any more times"my good friend so and so"? And btw, why is her best friend Gayle suddenly shoved in our faces all the time? THAT woman is very annoying and wouldnt have a life without oprah...I know how about she find some woman with kids and no money and give THEM jobs at her magazine instead of her best pal?I dont know what it must be like to live in her head but i think sh eis a perfect example of someone who forgot where they came from.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I stopped watching her years ago when she became boring.
    I don't have much time for tv anymore anyways.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I watched her on a daily basis until I went to a taping of the show. Since then, I've seen maybe one episode and that was 3 1/2 years ago. Some of her shows are good but that whole thing she did more recently with her "religion" thing was creepy. I think because there are SO many people that worship her, she's going to lead them further away from the truth.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I never watched Oprah except for a few shows. One thing, she is a confident woman.

I have sent emails, however, to Oprah on her website since I have an autistic daughter and she is holding out Jenny McCarthy as a role model who "cured" her son of autism by a diet. Oprah had no doctors or medical authorities on the show and McCarthy's methodology has not been proved, by Yale and others, to show any results. SO now Oprah is giving McCarthy her own show.

The New Age religious stuff Oprah peddles is so bogus - I can't believe Oprah is not smarter than this. But that's true -- no one in the industry will say anything about her. She's the most powerful woman in the country - sales go up on anything she endorses.
    terry6202

Answer by terry6202 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009