Help... I am desperate!

I am a stay-at-home mom and need to make money immediately. My self-worth is taking a plunge, bills are piling up, and I hate asking my husband for money all the time. I need to contribute to the family income right away but do not know what to do. A 9-5 job is out of the question right now, so it has to be something I can do from home around my child's schedule. Please help me somebody! Thanks in advance for all answers and ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• workwithmichael.com it's not a steady income, but it will bring in some extra money for a little while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i tried that website and it didnt go to anything.....
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm anon :50 I just tried it too and nothing came up. I did this last year and made a couple thousand. Maybe he changed his site or something. Sorry about that-I thought it was stil there. In all honesty, it was kind of a pain in the ass. You had to sign up on freebie sites and then make sure you cancelled before you actually got charged.
    Have you ever thought about selling Mary Kay? It only costs $100 to start! I bought my kit, but haven't started yet LOL! One of my friends is doing it too and she's making around $400/month, which isn't bad for just starting a couple months ago.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.
    I don't understand why you have to ask your husband for money; you are your husband's life partner, not cook and nanny. You should have complete knowledge of, and access to, everything financial. Was your husband always this controlling or is this something new? Please talk to your husband and, if necessary, go to couples' counseling.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs & clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com. The owner is Tracey Wallace.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly -Robin

• Hi there! I completely understand wanting to be home, bills piling up, not wanting to ask for money... seems like my life! An idea...not a get rich scheme, but a business. I work at home with my 2 little ones running around, working completely around their schedule. It is with a comp that just recently earned an award from the BBB so no scam! If interested, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to help you earn the extra income you need!
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am with gold canyon candles and I love it. I make great money plus I get to stay at home with my kiddos. Right now you can sign up for only $20! I would love to share with you more about gold canyon if you are interested. You can also check out my website at http://mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz to see all the products we do have. Hope you have a good week. Talk to you soon. ~Tara
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 8:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I work part time out of the spare room, make almost as much as I did before once you consider daycare, commute, clothes, etc... My stress level is way down, my kids love being home and I am not missing any of the milestone moments. If you're interested in being a work at home mom, you should read my blog with more information Be a Work at Home Mom

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom and I work around my sons schedule as well. I do this part time helping ppl either save money or make money. You can find out more about the company if you would like. Its aphomecareer.com
    m0na

Answer by m0na at 11:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• This could be just what your looking for, blessingsbegin.com ... I work from home, our products are all digital - our business opportunity also includes your own personal Store Front, you can work around your families needs as our business and store are very automated... we give you TWO streams of income.... what a blessing!
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 11:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009