Does this website look professional?

I want honest answers. I am trying to start my own business and need opinions. Please don't bash.

www.rachelbluemassage.com

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I'd use a less bright blue in the text box, and maybe a softer shade for the background, like a taupe/mocha color.
    don't capitalized adhere as it's a continuation that follows "I, Rachel Blue"
    I'd chose a serifed font, and maybe somethinfg calligraphic for "I, Rachel Blue
    I think just a column of links either along the bottom or to one side would look better than the boxes/buttons.
    And I'd stick with massage rather than massages.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes it looks good! if you need any help I have gone to school for programming and web design....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 3:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• www.rachelbluemassage.com

I like it. BUT...I think that the way the buttons are situated makes it appear unprofessional. It should be lined up, possibly under your statement. Overall the site is classy. You used great colors, fonts, styles.  Also, under the deep tissue it should read "30 minutes" you have 30 minute. But you have it different under the regular massage. Good luck!

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Thank you! I didn't even notice. It is still under construction so this advice is great!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The background is alright, but the blue type against it doesn't give the relaxing feel I think you really want to go for. Maybe find a background that would emphasize the "Blue" in your name....help add to the "stickiness" of your message. Help the visitor get the person to call stuck in their mind. Blue and white...spa-like feel.

Also, be more descriptive of what to expect. How do you stand apart from other massage therapists? Why should someone go to you instead of the masseuse down the street? Make me feel like I'm already being put in a relaxed state when reading your message.

Last thing...GOOD LUCK!!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think it looks ok. But I agree with Susied250. I think the buttons need to be lined up underneath your statement.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If you go to www.pkdmerchandise.com and send an e-mail to Mark he will make a video for you showing you what you need to fix and he will answer any questions you may have. He also has web training videos on the site. And the best part all that is free!!!!!!!!! He has helped me alot!
    PupsKitty

Answer by PupsKitty at 3:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• youre on the right path, and it does look good. but i wouldnt say professional. if i were you, i would take a look at some of your local spas websites and take tips from that. good luck! ; )
    allybot

Answer by allybot at 6:59 PM on Jun. 11, 2009