what do you think about green day not selling their new album at walmart?

The won't do it because wal mart wanted to censor the album (make them change lyrics)
I think that it is bull that walmart censors there stuff i mean putting a warning label on something is one thing but making them CHANGE their "art" is bullshit and i also think that wal mart just lost a lot of money on that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wal-mart doesn't sell any music that isn't censored. IDK why. I never buy music from there anyways unless it's for my kids. I think Green Day did the right thing in standing up for their music and what it means to them.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 3:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Wal-Mart is a family store. I would assume this is why they only sell CD's that are not R rated.
    We do not buy any CD's from there. Besides Wal-Mart sucks.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Wal-mart won't lose any money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Really? I didn't know they censored thier music. I won't buy from them then. Censorship is against my religion.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I haven't bought a CD in years, but I think it's fine they opted to stand up for their music. I'm in to MP3's. I'll check it out that way. I also haven't shopped Wal-Mart in a pretty darn long time.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I refuse to buy music from Walmart for this reason. Anon :23 is right though - this isn't going to hurt Walmart any. They are way too big of a corporation to be damaged by the loss of one CD.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 3:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i didnt know they did that! i shop walmart on occasion, but rarly have bought music there in the past, im more into mp3's also, and wil only buy a cd if its on sale and i can get it cheaper than buying online threw zune, or itunes( i own a zune, but itunes has more music than zune marketpplace does so i use both) i think thats GREAT that green day stood up for not letting walmart do that, they stand up for what they write about makes me wanna buy the cd more now that i know that. GO GREEN DAY!
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 4:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree with GreenDay. ...good for them.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 4:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• YEAH for Green Day!!!! I never buy CD's from Walmart anyway. The only things I get there are canned goods and cleaners. Everything else I get from grocery stores.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I *hate* censorship, so more power to them. But I do want to say that I have bought a few albums from wal-mart that have slipped through the censorship crack, Atreyu and Offspring are a couple examples.
    lady_kira

Answer by lady_kira at 5:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009