Holocaust Museum shooting?

I just seen this on the news, and I am in shock. Our school group just went there last month. I can not believe he was able to get a gun in there. Have you ever been there?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 4:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• and it was an 88 yr old man who did it. crazy ppl. i dont know how he got the weapon in there either...just some people have ways of getting passed security.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i have never gone there but i would love to go. thats mainly one of the reasons i would go down there
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 7:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have never been there and I don't think I could bear the emotional pain and anger I would feel at seeing the images and hearing the heartwrenching stories.
    I think it is terrible that a person was able to bring a weapon into there! And for him to be able to purposely choose that location to go into and start shooting has me wondering if something there had affected him mentally and emotionally, too, and he wasn't able to handle it.
    Was anyone hurt, did the news say?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have been there with my DD on her 8th grade trip. They had been reading the Diary of Anne Frank in preperation as well as Night. Words cannot express how profound an impact that museum had on the kids. There is a huge pile of shoes there. My DD could not get over how many pairs of shoes...and that pile is just the tip of the iceberg. Such an emotional place. When we got there the kids were given a number and at the end of the tour they read off the numbers and told the kids which numbers made it out alive and which died.
    This idiot was an old man who spent his life as a skin head. He made it his lifes work to negate the holocaust. It is so sad that the security gaurd had to give his life to save the rest. I pray for his family. The families of the holocaust have been through enough....where does it end?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Salexander did you know there are Holocaust surviors that work work? One of our kids was given the ID card and it was of one of the employees from the Holocaust. Yes, the shoe room was an eye opener for the kids and myslef as well.
    I still don't see how he was able to bring a gun in there. It is a sad day in America.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• thats messed up! and my cousin was jus there! and um whats with not being able to have a cell phone...kids should be able to have them incase of an emergency!!!! my auntie was worried sick cuz she couldnt get a hold of him because theres no cell phones allowed...i think they should be allowed but MUST be on vibrate
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009