just wondering....

MY SON SMILES A LOT WHAT DOES IT MEAN?IS HE REALLY SMILING AT US OR IS HIS MUSCLES IN HIS CHEECKS DOING THIER OWN THING? HE IS 2 MONTHS AND SMILES AT ALMOST EVERYTHING AND EVERYON, EPESCIALLY WHEN HE SEES ME OR SOMEBODY SHOWS HIM ATTENTION AND I WANT TO KNOW IF HE REALLY SMILING OR WHA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ya he is smiling my daughter was smiling at 2 months is'nt it just melt your heart everytime he smiles?! It did me everytime my DD smiled. Enjoy it really does go quick.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• At 2 months my guess would be that some of it is a reflex, and some of it is what they call the "social smile"... which, yes, is a real smile! He's learning to smile in response to people smiling and interacting with her... it's the first sign of truly "social" behavior. Enjoy!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 6:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2009