mothers or mothers to be that smoked during pregnanacy

just curious I wanna know if any of you smoked pot or other drugs while pregnant if so what and for how long?how was your delivery and how was your baby after delivery?where there any complications or other problems with baby after delivery?please be honest.not meant to offend.

greenmaniac

Asked by greenmaniac at 7:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Health

• I smoked while I was pregnant, I had quit when I first found out but started back up when i was 7 months due to major stress and no there were no complications but it's not something I would recommend doing.

sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i smoked with all three of my pregnancies. there were never any problems. without smoking i wasnt able to eat! i also know more than a few other mammas that smoked while pregnant. i have never heard of anything bad happening because of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• politely put, there are problems from smoking while pregnant. everyone denies them. they baby may be smaller then it would have been, may have breathing problems down the line, premature, there are man things that the naked eye may not see right away that smoking can cause in your baby. What i think is funny, is most moms that smoke while pregnant, wont smoke infront of their newborn when it's born, my question is, what is the difference?
    stefirose22

Answer by stefirose22 at 7:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• and just for reference i am a smoker. 1pk a day and quit cold turkey during pregnancies
    stefirose22

• I didn't quit smoking when I was pg for my last. However, I didn't smoke as much as I normally would. I went from a pack a day to a pack every 3 days. Stupidity on my part. My child was born at 33.5 weeks, weighing 5# 3 oz., stayed in NICU for a week due to RDS. I take full responsibility.  Today, he is a healthy 9 yr old.

Dani32

Answer by Dani32 at 7:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i quit with my 1st pregnancy and had a 6 lb 9 oz baby. i quit in the beginning of my 2nd pregnancy and started back up during my 5 month bc hubby was overseas and really stressed and had a 10 lb 2 oz baby that was 1 week overdue. not saying it is ok to smoke while pregnant, but i nor by baby had any complications from it. ironically enough, my 1st baby had a breathing problem at birth even though i quit when i was about 6 weeks and my 2nd came out completely healthy.

however, i have heard a lot of horror stories about women who smoke during pregnancy. my ob/gyn warned me that she had a patient who smoked 1 cigarette a day during her whole pregnancy and gave birth to a stillborn =(
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009