Battle of weight

I'm 5'6" and when I met my husband I was around 145 (I thought I hated my weight then) well when we first met he told me he needed to fatten me up and I didn't really think anything other than I can be comfortable in my own body around this man. By the time we got married I was about 170 and he loved this, then I got pregnant and was 220 (he still loved it). We'll I've done had our baby now and I'm down to 175. Now I thought he loved me at 170 but he really enjoys me and my "curves" now. I on the other hand want to vomit every time I see myself w/o clothes on. We "agreed" on me getting down to 155 (thats the biggest side of "healthy" for my height and in the middle of what we both like me at) well every time I say anything about slimfast, diet pills, ect. he freaks and says we will drop the weight together the natural way, by walking. Every night I ask to walk/eat healthy and it never happens. It's feels like a trick.

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Do what will keep you healthy & happy without obsessing. Your husband will love you no matter what, just be sure to keep him secure.
    Anonymous

• It's either your DH likes bigger Women or, he wants you with extra weight so no one else will want you!! I have heard of Men saying that before...insecure that's all that is. I put on some extra pounds also and I also don't like the mirror! You have to be happy with yourself!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• This is all about you. Not him. He will love you when you are happy, at 220 or 145. You have to take charge of your body. If he won't go for a walk, go without him. Serve healthy meals and if he chooses to take too much, that is his problem. Limit your portions and get out and move. Skip the SlimFast and the diet pills. Calories and movement are the key. I am down 20. My dh hasn't lost an ounce.
    MommyId

Answer by MommyId at 7:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• When you go on a diet, or use a diet aid, you are just putting yourself on the gain/loss rollercoaster; frustrating for you, & hard on your body. In order to get to and maintain a healthy weight, you need to have a healthy lifestyle (hubby, too); this has the added bonus of setting a great example for your kids.
    Start with regular exercise, as simple as walking, for at least 20 min a day at least 3 times a week. Next, drink your water! at least 8 8oz glasses a day. Now, eat your fruits & veggies! 7-8 servings a day, in at least three different colors. Eat your whole grains (loaded with fiber, protein, and lots of energy-giving nutrients), 6-7 servings a day. Cut way back on (or eliminate) meat & dairy. Add beans, lentils & tofu to your diet. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html. Feel free to ask me any questions. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 8:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• You have to do what is right for you, not for him. If you're unhappy with how you feel/look than do something about it. Don't let him drag you down.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My dh didnt think I needed to lose weight,but I did.Last year I was huge..(still have a long way to go)I was a size 22/24 and am now down to a size 16,I eat clean,drink water,no food after 7,plenty of fruits and veggies and do cardio 3-5 times a week.I am looking and feeling much better.If you want to make the change do it for yourself..as far as diet aids,dont rely on them...develop a healthier lifestyle and excercise,thats what will help you shed the pounds.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I WISH my hubby wanted me chubby - I have about 35lbs to lose and I heasr comments all the time on how HE works out and feels so good and has SO much energy and IF I am unhaoppy with my weight he'd be more than happy to HELP...whatever
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:38 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I tried every diet you can think of until I met a natural doctor who helped me I started a new healthier way of eating and taking my carbs really low almost to nothing focus on meat fruit and veggies I have lost 68lbs and have come down from a size 20 to a 5/6 and I feel great more energy trust me meat, fruit, and veggies is the best and natural way if you think about it in the 1960-early 70 most people ate only what they would grow and that would be meat, fruit and veggies then the low-fat came into play and people started getting heavier because if you notice most low-fat has a higher carb amount and that my friend is sugar.
    Blessed53131

Answer by Blessed53131 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009