Please some one help me !!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know where to start ? My three year old gets under my skin so bad, and she never listens to me some times latley not even her father. She hits me she screams she crys and will NOT stay in time out. I am sick they don't know what is wrong with me intil another month and i don't have the energy to fight with her. My husband says i handle every thing the wrong why but he is around like 1 to 2 hours a day. We are young parents 26 . I am thinking to put her on meds but everyone tells me no that they won't have any thing to do with it but no one i mean no one can handle her. I am on meds because of her. I even went so far to call super nanny but no one ever called me back!!! I think she is goin to end a marriage if i can't get a handle on it all i want to do is cry and some times i don't want to fight any more with any thing some one any one please help me please i don't know what else to do its getting so bad

alexisnatalie

Asked by alexisnatalie at 8:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Your daughter needs to know who the parents are. I'm sorry that you are sick during this time, but you need to get a handle on her. Do you spend time with her reading and playing? If not, she may just be looking for attention. On medication because of her??? Come on, she's 3. I know kids throw fits, my daughter was so bad no one wanted her around until she was 4, now she's a great kid! Her problem was, she didn't know how to express herself and would get very frustrated. Good luck, work with her, it will get better.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i know it sounds cheesy, but get a parenting book. i was having similar problems with my 2 year old and posted a question like this one a long time ago. I was told to read "Making your Children Mind without Losing Yours" by Dr. Kevin Leman. At first, i just rolled my eyes to this response. Later, just being desperate, I bought it. What a difference it has made in my parenting style. No it's not some extreme book that says you must spank, or you can't, it just helps you learn to deal with your own emotions and your child's...at any age. My child was 2 at the time. She's almost 3 now, and her fits are under control, she listens (and i listen). It's not a perfect solution by any means, but because I'm better equipped to deal with her, things have gotten easier, good luck.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I understand your frustration. My son who is 3 does some of the same stuff. He is also very violent with his sibs. I have gotton him into what they call play therapy seems to be helping a little bit. They told me the major problem is that he just don't know how to express himself very well yet. Maybe this would help. Also some family counsel would probably help. If you and your husband are arguing in front of her it may upset her enough to make her act up check with your church or a local church for some council they are really helpful. Also daddy need to make time for her maybe if he could even make one night a week to take her out and give you a break. She may just be craving the extra attention and don't know how else to get it.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i would hate to be in your shoes but with my daughter when she acts up i just put her in her crib. i tell her why she is going there and then just leave her there until she stops crying. i don't know if you still have a crib up. i only do cause i have another on the way and won't be taking it down. we get a new bed for her this week. sometimes i don't know if she understands what i said but she does seem to get the picture.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• A friend of a friend has a daughter that sounds just like this. From what I heard there was two issues:

1) Daddy gave her whatever she wants and wasn't around much.
    2) Mommy didn't want to deal with the tantrums and be consistent with discipline, so the little girl realized she could hit/scream and not mind mommy.

Mommy took little girl to therapist. She realized she hated her own daughter. Play therapy, just like the other mom said. If you can't afford it, research alternative help with the help of your doctor?
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 7:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009