Why do christians insist

They are the perfect religion, and only religion that should be practiced? It seems that if you are not christian then you are going to hell. I swear half the christian community is either praying for me or wishing me to hell. whats up with that?? why cant we all just get along and live peacefully without throwing in the your going to hell card and because I am the perfect religion I get to make the rules on how you live??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Christianity isn't a perfect religion. Why do you think there are so many variations? Baptist, Methodist, etc. It is flawed just as we humans are flawed. However, the Bible (whichever version you choose to interpret) states that God is the truth, the way and the light. Only by having faith in God and trusting in Him will He allow you into the Kingdom of Heaven. That's the way it is in our beliefs. If you don't believe in God then by a Christian's standards you are going to hell. Now, if you believe in reincarnation and you turn in to a bunny or a cricket for your next life then that's your business.

You seem upset that people are praying for you. That means complete strangers are wishing for Jesus to touch your heart so that you may know peace through Him. Those horrible Christians! How dare they interrupt your athiest views of not wanting peace after death! What were they thinking? lol
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We don't think we are perfect. I assume everyone who follows ANY religion assumes they have the perfect religion. Christianity teaches that if you aren't a believer, you are going to hell plain and simple. MANY other religions follow the same or similar belief systems. So why pick on Christianity? If you don't hold this belief system, just move on, is it really going to hurt you if someone prays for you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• wow. looks like somebody had a little tiff with someone who happens to be a christian.
    christians believe they are the only ones simply because of this: scripture/jc said, 'i am the way, the truth, and the life. no man(or woman) comes to the Father(heaven, if you will), but through Me.' (john 14:6) and they don't make the rules, they simply live by(or strive to) what they believe to be the rules (the holy scriptures).
    at least "half the christian community is praying'' for you..whether you believe in God or not, prayer is a positive action. don't knock it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Amen Anon:16. I'm going to add you to my prayer list this morning. I hope that won't offend you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I agree with lilbit022009, I would just like to add the every time the word "religion" is mentioned in the Bible, it is followed by the word "hypocrite". There should be no religions, only Christ! I hope you find Him, He will welcome you with open arms. It is truly amazing what happens in your life when you let Him in. God Bless and keep you!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:19 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• True Christians live their lives based on the teachings of the Bible. The Bible teaches that there is one way to God, and that way is through the Lord Jesus Christ who died on a cross for the sins of all mankind(that would include you). It also teaches of Heaven, where God is for all eternity, and it teaches of a hell, a lake of fire which will burn for all eternity. There are more passages in the Bible describing hell than there are talking about heaven. The Bible also teaches that those of us who believe all the above are to be witnesses of these truths. We are to warn the unbelievers. If we do not warn others, then we are held accountable. True Chrisitans also have a personal relationship with the Lord, so they know that He is a real personal God. One has to first believe before they can know. So those people to whom you refer are genuinely concerned about your eternal future and want only the best for you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• BECAUSE, the "mission" for us christians is to share the word of our God!! and the teachings of Jesus!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I'm anon :16, and lilbit022009, I would love to be added to your list this morning! Would you mind praying for my husband as well, he's pretty sick. Thanks. I will pray for you too lilbit!! Thanks again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• goodGood question! I have wondered this myself.

truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It would seem that another heathen is frustrated by the constant Christian nagging!

I hear you sistah!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009