I LOVE Stephen Colbert for taking his show to Iraq! Don't you think it's awesome?

He guests have been soldiers, high ranking commanders on the field, and last night he had on the Deputy Prime minister (I may have that title wrong, I'm sorry) of Iraq. I think it's great for morale and I also think that it's providing great perspective to his viewers on what it's like in Iraq, on the attitude of the troops (they are so strong!), and on the war in general. Not to mention he is right there in Baghdad!! He went right into the thick of it!

I think he's doing a great job! Don't you?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 8:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My hubby has been watching every episode! He is Air Force! and he dont even usually watch it!
    airforewifenmom

Answer by airforewifenmom at 8:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i have not watched it, but after reading this i REALLY want to. Seems like another smart Idea from Colbert.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• That guy sure is neat. From my town, too...
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 8:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I think it's nice of any entertainer (liberal or otherwise) to entertain the troops. I won't go so far as to say I love any of them for it though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I loved the gag of President Obama ordering the General to give Colbert a crew-cut! Funny!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Ooh! It sounds great - I better start watching it again! LOL!
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 10:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• While I'm sure that it was a morale booster for some, to my family, it seemed very politically motivated and almost a mockery.

And yes, I have room to speak...I am an Army Officer's wife.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Daamn, I havent been watching him lately. I'm going to have to turn it on to Comedy Central more often..
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:27 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Loving the Colbert love! :D
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 11:06 AM on Jun. 11, 2009