Am I over reacting?

I'm in my 3rd month and starting to show. I have had many miscarriages and one beautiful son who is going to be 8 soon. DH and I planned this baby and I'm eager for my due date to arrive. My regular jeans still fit in my legs and butt however I have to use a hair band to close the front due to the belly. My pre-preg work slacks no longer fit so I am in maternity pants. It's just the belly that's starting to move outwards.

DH and I were on the couch watching TV last night and I couldn't get comfortable leaning on him since the belly has made laying down a lil uncomfortable. He tells me "You need to get back to the gym." I didn't say anything but that hurt my feelings. If I'm 3 months along now and starting to show then what will his reaction be when I'm 9 months and big as a house? I don't over eat, drink cokes or coffee, I always eat well and drink tons of water. I've only gained 5 lbs.

Should my feelings be hurt?

lilbit022009

Asked by lilbit022009 at 8:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't let him upset you by any means!!! You are pregnant,, enjoy that little baby belly! I'd just tell him to keep his mouth shut! Hopefully he was just joking, if not then I hate to say it, but he's an a$$ to say something like that to you!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My feelings would not be hurt, I don't know if your hubby meant to hurt you, surely not. He is a grown man who knows and expects that you are going to gain weight. Going to the gym is certainly not going to make the baby go away, it's not a beer belly, LOL. Good luck!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Your feelings are validated. Do you think maybe he was just kidding? I would think a man knows better than to say something like that when he knows your pregnant (I HOPE). Tell him to enjoy the belly. You guys are having a baby after having a lot of trouble with previous pregnancies. This is a miracle happening inside your belly.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Men are clueless about women. You'd think they'd get smart, but they never do.

If he says something again say "Hey, I'm growing a baby! What's your excuse!!!"

My dh loves when I start to show, because he loves that tummy curve. Even if you went to the gym it wouldn't do any good as far as image at this point. I'm sorry he said that.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It was a very insensitive remark. If he were serious then I'd certainly say something. Congrats on the pregnancy though!! How wonderful!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I woulda been like :Hmm lets see you get pregnant and NOT get big!" That wouldn't hurt my feelings, but it would sure piss me off! Your pregnant and not fat so I wouldn't let it get to me. It was very insensitive of him though.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• OMG SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! DONT LET IT BOTHER YOU TELL HIM TO KISS YOUR GRITS
    Anonymous