I just got the weirdest craving for a Mac & cheese and ham MRE.

Do they even still make that type?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MRE???
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• LOL you mean what the military eats? i don't think they make MRE's anymore or call them that. and if they do, i'm not sure where you're going to get one!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• yes, Meal Ready to Eat. They have to still make MREs. If they send people out on night and week missions away from bases, they need some way to feed them. I just want to know if they still make my mac cheese and ham one, or at least a get a recipe on how to make it. In particular it must have the same metallic taste too it though, other wise it just won't do. I've already tried making it home made without the metallic taste and it turned my stomach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well I know for a fact that they still make MRE's and that they are still called that because my husband was just out for 3 months training and that is what he ate...as far as the mac and cheese and ham, I am not sure, but I can ask him if they still make it - I don't know about the metallic taste though, it might be from the heater that is used to heat them up??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• They've changed so many of them. Not sure if they still make that one. My husband's favorite part of MRE's were making bombs out of the heaters. lol Marines get bored & find crazy ways to amuse themselves. Anyway, you can order MRE's from websites like cheaperthandirt.com and other military surplus stores.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I read the 24 meals they still offer & didn't see it on the current list. That doesn't mean you couldn't find it elsewhere. You know they stay good for like a million years. lol
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• haha. I ate a whole box of mac n cheese with ketchup and then threw it up. damn 1st trimester lol
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009