How common are due dates wrong?...

My doctor is going by my period that was October 23 for like 2 days (usually they are 7 days) And not by my period before that.. Which was September 27th... He is saying my due date is July 30th instead of July 4th... Im HUGE and have so much pain from the pressure of her sitting there. My hubby and i think my dates are wrong but my dr wont listen. He thinks he is right and blah blah blah. I feel like im gonna have a baby sooner then the 3oth.. COuld he be wrong or is there a good change he is right?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 8:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd be pissed that they do that and tell everyone that I was due July 4th. That two days of bleeding could have just been implantation or some other pregnancy related thing. I think you're due very soon so make sure everything is all ready and start walking like crazy and having as much sex as you can. The semen softens your cervix allowing you to dilate/efface. Even if you don't get an orgasm it still helps, although the orgasm is what can start contractions. :]

The whole time that I was pregnant I was showing two weeks further along on the ultrasounds but they kept my due date from a guess I said about my last period. Guess what? Had him just about two weeks early :] Told everyone MY due date the whole time though haha
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:41 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i know what you mean! all of my doctors insisted with my last pregnancy that i was due december 6th instead of november 15th! i KNEW when i conceived my baby but they were going by my last period which probably wasn't even a period it was probably implantation bleeding. to make matters worse my daughter didn't want to come out and since they "knew" i was due dec 6th they didn't induce me until dec 11th! so really i went almost 4 weeks past due and you know how i was right the whole time? my baby was 10 lbs 2 ozs and i didnt have diabetes or anything! so yes i think your doctor could be wrong and that you know your body better than anyone else
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Very often! It is only a guess on the docs part, although an educated one. But still a guess!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• What have the ultrasound dates added up to? I never go by the doctors due dates anyway. Only you can determine the dates by your period. You know what is normal and what is not. I think you may be right. You may be having the baby sooner than the 30th. Maybe you should find a new doctor before this baby comes. Get your medical records and go to another one. When they do belly measurements does he still believe that you are (his dates)?
    Go find another doctor so you guys can figure out the right date. If your date is the 30th and you have your baby in a couple of days then you could be in trouble. You need to get to the bottom of this. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My doctor missed my due date with my son by 2 weeks but my daughter was right on time. Yes, they can be wrong, they are only making an educated guess. However if they will look at the sonogram, they should be able to tell how "old" the baby is.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• The chances that you give birth ON your due date are 1 in 40 or 2.5%. Don't worry about that number that the doctor made an educated guess about 30-some weeks ago. That baby will come when that baby WANTS to come! :-) Good luck!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 8:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Im measuring right on for the 30th but with my daughter i never measured right at all.. my dates were all messed up. he is a great DR. he just doesnt think my dates can be that wrong. He is my new dr.. my old dr was a dip shit.. .Sorry but he was. And we really like this DR we go to now. The ultrasound was wrong with my DD and this time it changed by a few days earlier.. Oh well thanks!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well its an Estimated Due Date...its not exact.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I would think that they're never actually 100% correct about it. I'm 34 weeks now, and my due date is July 18th, but I have a feeling she'll be ready to pop around the beginning of July, there's also a full moon during that time, and 80% of babies are born on or around the time of a full moon. I was, and so was my husband.
    contrariant

Answer by contrariant at 9:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2009