My little boy will not eat vegetables! HELP

I have tried to hide them in his food and other things. He seems to not like them at all. Any advice on making sure he gets his nutrients??

DDmama05

Asked by DDmama05 at 8:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I've started buying the V-8 fusions. I HATE V-8 juice, however, the fusions taste just like fruit juice and I LOVE them! My kids LOVE them! They have Strawberry/Banana, Peach/Mango and Blueberry/Pomegranite, maybe a few other flavors, but your son will NEVER know it's good for him, and it contains a full serving of fruits and vegetables! Wonderful stuff!!!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:10 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• It is important to keep offering a variety of healthy foods. Stop buying all junkfoods for a while until you have him back on track. It is very important that all of the adults in the house set a great example by eating healthy foods.
    Frozen peas, blueberries and corn are all good for picky eaters. Kids love to dip: fruit & yogurt; veggies & hummus or salad dressing; whole wheat pasta & marinara sauce.
    I have a ton of healthy, tasty, budget friendly recipes. I can list some;contact me for recipes.
    noodles & veggies with peanut sauce
    veggie pot pie
    lentil tacos
    sweet potato & black bean burritos
    sloppy jojos (made with lentils)
    noodles with beans, sauce, spinach&cheese
    Italian stew
    veggie stew with dumplings (crockpot)
    southwest falafel (bean patties with avocado sauce)
    tofu "fish sticks" with sweet potato or acorn sqsquash baked "fries"
    General Tsao’s Tofu
    Tamale Bean Pie

Answer by rkoloms at 7:19 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The rule at our house is you try 3 bites of dinner, if you don't like it you get toast with peanut butter& honey with an apple.
    Kids love to help in the kitchen and are more likely to eat what they prepare. Go to the library and check out kids cookbooks (my favorite is Pretend Soup). Take your son to the grocery store and let him pick out a new vegetable to introduce to the family. There is also a great cooking website for kids: www.spatulatta.com

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2009