Post partum bleeding...

How long after you have your baby are you suppose to bleed for? My baby will be 2 wks tomorrow and I'm still bleeding. I don't remember how long I bled for after I had my first. I thought I was done yesterday, but late last night it started again. Thanks!!

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bled for about 3 1/2 weeks. Mainly due to the fact that I would not relax...I kept pushing my body to do things it wasn't ready to do, and wasn't letting it heal.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i bled for 6 weeks with my 2nd child. it would turn a lightish brown and seem to go away, then it would come back and it did this for weeks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i bled for about 3.5 weeks. as long as it is getting lighter and you dont have any big clots and dont bleed for over like a month, then you should be fine. just dont overdo it and let your body heal.

honeybee429

Answer by honeybee429 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009