What is the point in having pets?

They serve no purpose other than your own selfish ones. They are dirty and smelly, uncooth, disrespectful, stupid and expensive and people actually let these things sleep in bed with them. This is absolutely disgusting to me. These things are merely lower life forms that do not deserve to reside in my home.
Furthermore, what is up with people getting these things when they can barely afford to feed themselves or their children? People have their priorities screwed up.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pets

• Today, I agree! I have a cat that sneezes. Big loogies fly everywhere, all day. It is sickening, and the vet says he's fine. Sure, you live with the boogers then buddy! Sigh...but the kids love the disgusting little guy...
    LeClaireS

Answer by LeClaireS at 9:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Boy, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed... what a crabby patty!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My Two cats and One dog are the only creatures in the house that do not ever talk back to me, and do not whine when they don't get thier way.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 9:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Pets are good for lowering your blood pressure,might want to look into getting one!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ASPCA: The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is an organization that saves animals: most of these animals are brought by the owners because they fail to notice that having a dog is a commitment and not a thing that you show off so they can't stand the animal and the poor pet is left with no choices but wait for someone else to take care of them.

I'm so tired of people making businesses breeding pets but never realizing that animals deserve respect and a good home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• For some, pets can be benifical. Service dogs help people do daily activities that a lot of us take for granted. Pets can help with depression too.
    I know what you mean by some people having pets for their own selfish reasons when they cant afford them.
    Did you have a bad experience with a pet before, if you don't mind me asking?
    Mama_Kimmy

Answer by Mama_Kimmy at 9:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Wow- I don't know about anybody else, but my dog has brought great joy to our family. We love her a lot and she does serve a little purpose for us, when my husband is out of town, she protects the house-lets me know if someone is here, or if someone is in the yard that she doesn't recognize. She is THE best dog and IS treated that way.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 9:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• There are lots of reasons to have pets. But to each his own, I guess.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 9:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I guess if you don't have a pet you'll never know. But from the sounds of it having a pet that loves you is the last thing you need.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes Mama Kimmy i have.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:53 AM on Jun. 11, 2009