looking to revisit pregnancy after two babies in my twenties, now in my fourties any chances naturally?

cookie09

Asked by cookie09 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Why not?
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 9:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yep, it can happen. I had 2 babies in my 20's, then when I was 41 & 42, I had 2 more.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if you are having regular periods, then there should be no problem
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• actually the older you are the more fertile you are. The highest rate of unexpected pregnancy is women in their late 30's and early 40's. It is because as you age your body releases more eggs due to the fact that you are approaching menopause.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:16 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Your odds of conceiving are not as good in your 40's as in your 20's, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Since the clock is really ticking at this point, I would suggest going in to see your OB/GYN for a pre-conception visit. Your doctor might suggest doing a blood test to measure your FSH just to get an idea of how well your reproductive system is still functioning (regular periods are a good sign, but the blood test can tell you more). She (or he) can give you an idea of what your odds of conceiving are and she can give you suggestions for things you can do to increase your odds. She can also tell you what things you should be watching for and at what point you need to come back for testing if you don't conceive (they say a year when you are younger, but it could be more like 3 to 6 months when you are in your 40's because you don't have the luxury of time on your side). Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009