Windows Explorer- Toolbar! Could someone help!

for the last few days if I try clicking on the start up button (lil button in left bottom corner) or if i try clicking on the tool bar to get to another tab that is open, i get a message that says "windows explorer has stoped working" and it gives me 3 options to restart it, wait for it to respond, and cant remember the 3rd...
Anyone know what is going on with my computer & why it is doing this? IE has also been "not responding" alot lately.

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I Googled "Windows explorer not responding" and the majority of the answers seem to be that there is a virus involved. Try booting into safe mode then running the spyware/malware/antivirus programs you have.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Did you by chance download IE 8? I had that same problem until I got rid of IE 8. I finally went to Firefox and it's what I prefer now.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yeah I am using Firefox... I am mostly worried why my bottom tool bar isnt working properly..
    Occassionally I have to shut down computer by holding the power button down b/c all i get is the hourglass telling me to wait when i try to click on the start up buttom..
    ---Im on a laptop-Toshiba if that may mean anything. its about 2yrs old
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• thank you so much! I guess I could have googles that too huh! lol... I love being on a computer, i can put things on them with no problem but once something goes wrong..--------- im LOST!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 11, 2009