• In the Spotlight:

my daughter didn't come home last night...

last night, my daughter didn't come home... how should i do....when she come home... what i can do ...when she come...

shirley67

Asked by shirley67 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• How old is she??? That is scary. I would not allow her to go out for a while, probably 2 weeks. Then I would have an honest talk on why she thinks its OK not to listen to you. Teens think they can make their own rules (I have one!) and I have to be VERY direct with him, like saying " I am still in charge here and my rules must be followed".... do not give them any shades of gray, they see that as permission to do as they please. To me, its about safety- nothing good can come of a teenager out all night!
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• she is 15, if i am not allow her to go out...if she still go.. how could i do... if she run....
    shirley67

Answer by shirley67 at 10:02 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• you can keep her from going,, you are her mother make her respect you... you can also tell the local police department that if they see her out, to bring her home
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• When she walks in that door, hug her and thank God she is okay. Then send her to her room, and don't let her out for a long time. If you need to, put bars on the windows or something. I heard one poster say that their mom put an alarm system on the house, and didn't tell her the code. So that if she were to open a window, the alarm would go off.

I'd be calling the police if she doesn't show up soon. She might be in trouble, you could also say that she is a runaway. That way if she gets picked up, they have it on record that she was reported missing/runaway.

You gotta be tough with her. Good luck, and I hope she's okay.
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Have you called the police?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009