To the woman who forgave there husband for cheating,

How do u deal with it everyday????how do u not go insane????do u believe anything there saying????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• I dealt by being very angry and not trusting a word that came from his mouth for a long time. It didn't help him but that's what I had to do. We went to counseling and worked really hard. The thing that got me through it was making a decision everyday that we were going to make it, that I forgave him, and I had to put it behind us. It was about 6 months before I really started to let it go and a year before I completly dropped it. Its not easy but worth it in the end. I had to decide if I loved him enough to forgive him and then to do it. Communication is a MUST. You need to talk about it, and then after time you don't feel the need to talk about it but continue communicating. Make it a priority to talk about everything little AND big. And be sure to treat each other like a gift to show each other that no one and nothing else is more important then you 2 to each other
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Wow.. You are on Strong Woman.... i've been dealing with an infidelity my husband committed 13 years ago. The trust still isn't there, and honestly, I still hurt about it sometimes. I wish I had your strength.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• its hard, it really is. It has been 4 years for me and I still think about it. When I first found out i just wanted to up and leave, but one of my good friend told me that there is a reason that he married me and not her. Obviously he wanted to be with me or he wouldn't have married me. He cried when I found out. I could tell that it hurt him to hurt me. I have also warned him that i will forgive him once, but then next time as much as it may hurt I am gone for good and not looking back. I also for a while after would periodically check his phone.. check the phone bill make sure no calls got past me.. basically just kept tabs on him for a while.. which i know sounds bad, but eventually and very slowly helped bring back some of the trust..
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have been married for 5 years now and together with my husband for 10 years. About 2001 we were dating not even a year into it and we were on a break, when I found out he cheated, I confronted him and he admitted and apologized a million times, it took months before we worked things out and got back together. Needless to say its been 8 years and I though I put it behind me but now that Im 7 months pregnant I seem to have feelings that are resurfacing and its affecting my marriage. I do not trust him 100 % maybe 80% I know how it feels.
    sailormoonjen85

Answer by sailormoonjen85 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 11, 2009