is it normale for kids to hump stuff?

my boyfriends best friend son just stared to see his mom again and im kind of friends with her she say that her son is humping the bed and other things and she worried that something is going on. i dont think it is becuase are kids are the same age and my son dosen't do that. but my boyfriend said that his friend siad that the dr said it was normal. i dont belive him.

jacobmommy62106

Asked by jacobmommy62106 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Here is one of many sites that will explain what is normal and whats not.... http://www.selfhelpmagazine.com/articles/sexual-development.php

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• some little boys (and girls) do that, they found out it feels good, so they hump things thak God my dd don't do it but my niece did & a little boy at the daycare i worked at did it too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Sounds creepy!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes it is normal, some kids do and some don't ,while others are better at hiding it..Look it up, you will see what is "normal" and what needs to be investigated for possible sexual abuse or seeing more than his age should.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• A friend of mine's daughter began doing that and she took her in to the doc and they said that it is a normal thing but is usually caused after the child seeing someone else doing it first but not always . You should goodle it and do some research
    bshelly

Answer by bshelly at 10:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• pretty much most kids do this, and there is nothing wrong with it. Whatever you do don't make ths child feel bad like they are doing something wrong. Of course if they do it in inappropriate places tell them that is not something that is done in that place.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Haha, that does sound creepy. I'd have to bat him off of things with a broom.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• MY 2YEAR OLD DOES IT. AT FIRST I THOUGHT SOME THING WAS WRONG BUT THEN I HEARD IT WAS NORMAL. I CANT STAND IT. HE'S JUST DISCOVERING HOW EVERYTHING FEELS AND NOTICING HE HAS THAT STUFF.
    young_wonders

Answer by young_wonders at 2:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My son used to do it a lot but he seems to have gotten past that faze for now.Thank god! Because it was so embarrassing.

ZMK

Answer by ZMK at 5:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009