having sex after a c section....

i know the doc you to wait 6 weeks or till they give you the ok. but what about you nout there??? how long did yall wait? and i mean sex of any kind.

thehippiebaby

Asked by thehippiebaby at 10:23 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They say 6 weeks to allow the cervix time to completely close to prevent infection, on a c- section sometimes they still dilate and it needs time to close. However, information is chancing, they are now saying nothing in the vagina until the bleeding has stopped, and yes with a c-section you will still bleed for a few weeks.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:33 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• HAHa my husband was so crazy about waiting the 6 weeks that we actually waited like 2 months after my daughter was born. He was so freaked out about the whole super fertel mertel thing. He's so strange most guys are counting the seconds. The only thing I can say is that it takes a while for the hormones to stop freaking out and I have heard that the chances of getting pregnant right away are a lot higher durring that time.
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had sex once I felt healed and up to it which was probably 2 1/2-3 weeks after. It was more of a we knew we shouldn't do it so we had to haha.

Be very careful though, I was lucky. I heal very quickly.
    ours

Answer by ours at 10:34 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• ok it says nothing in the vagina but what about butt?
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 10:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Sorry hipp, but that's out of my area of expertise LOL
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• thanks girls
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 11:12 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• haha yeah we tried it there but i couldnt do it but i had sex about 4 weeks after when i stopped bleeding and at my 6 week check up the dr asked if we had sex and i told her yes and she said it was ok because i had a c-section and said as long as i used protection!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 12:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• 3 months after
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 11, 2009