Do your children wear Pull-Ups?

Hello, mommies!

I am a journalist for Associated Press in NYC working on a story about Pull-Ups.

Do your children wear them? (or another brand of toddler training pants) Why do/don't they wear them?

Did you keep them in diapers longer because they were less expensive? (Economy having an impact?) Did you want to make the jump from diapers to regular underwear? Any comments are appreciated.

Betsy

BetsyClaire

Asked by BetsyClaire at 10:24 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd wears goodnights to bed b/c pull ups (even the night time ones) don't hold her pee
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My son wore Pull-ups only when he was ready to potty train. He wore underwear with plastic pants on when we were at home, but we had to put him in Pull-Ups at night and at daycare and when we were out & about. My daughter is 17 months on Saturday and isn't ready to potty train yet, so she's still wearing regular diapers. I don't see a reason to wear them if they're not potty training.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my dd doesnt wear them because i think that theyre pointless, they feel just like a diaper, only difference you can pull them up like regular underwear. i went from diapers to undies! i didnt want to confuse her, i mean if she has the pullups on and they feel like a diaper how am i suposed to tell her no you cant go potty in them, when shes had that feeling of a diaper and that comfort her whole life. its been about a week and my dd is pretty much potty trained, shes only had 1 accident i believe pull ups are a waste of time, and money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My son had diapers till he was 2.5, he was showing potty training readiness signs and I stopped diapers and went straight to underwear...he tried one pull-up, but I could see he thought of them like diapers....no more after the one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:30 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have tried the pull ups for some of my kids but in the end the only thing that got through was just putting them in undies they just looked at the pull ups as diapers anyway. The one kind the feels wet did help my one daughter a little bit. But for a large family the pull ups are just way too expensive. Even with the coupon.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My 29 month old daughter just potty trained fully during the day last month, and I never bought even 1 package of Pull-Ups or any other training pants. We used panties and if she had an accident, she had an accident and I cleaned it up, no big deal. She still wears a diaper to bed because she drinks A LOT of water all day long and sleeps for 10-12 hours a night, but I don't see the need to ever buy Pull-Ups, unless maybe she's 6 or so and still having accidents at night and regular diapers don't fit her.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 10:49 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• my son is 2 1/2 and he is potty trained at first i used pull ups but he kept peeing in them so i just stuck undies on him and now he hasnt had any accidents yay
    hsammygirl

Answer by hsammygirl at 12:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We moved our daughter straight from diapers to underwear at 19 months. We do pull-ups during naptime only (NEVER for going out of the house, etc) because she's too young not to go in her sleep The only reason we use a pull-up rather than a diaper is because we can re-use them a couple of naps in a row if she doesn't wet. At night we use a diaper because she always wets. I don't think pull-ups are effective in toilet-training, though. Kids pee in them just like diapers.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:39 PM on Jun. 11, 2009