Wondering if I ask about a "friend"

I have developed a "friendship" with a neighbor down the street. Last summer we were very close, over the winter not so much, and now this spring I hardly talk to her and it seems as though she's avoiding me. She always wanted to get together when my son was in school, which I admit was easier, but am just kind of wondering if he is the reason we aren't close anymore. As far as I know he has never done anything to their house, stolen, etc. (he's 5) but it seems as though it's a friendship of convenience on her part. Do I confront her about this, let it slide, or just don't make any effort on my part to be friends with her?

michelle3881

Asked by michelle3881 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Let it slide. I am very careful of those kiddie mom friends. Fair weather I think. Then the kids get big and you move on to the ladies you really want a real friendship with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My father always told me there are fairweather friends and there are true friends.She is a fairweather fried merely convience.Let it slide you do not need her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Let it slide. Its good that you didnt get too close to her before she began to act this way. Consider yourself fortunate to have seen the signs...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:15 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why do you think you weren't so close over the winter? And does she have children?
    KrisOtherMama

Answer by KrisOtherMama at 11:22 AM on Jun. 11, 2009