Anyone tried nipple stimulation to bring on labor?

Have any of you tried nipple stimulation with a breastpump or hand pumping?

How many weeks were you?

Was your cervix ripe?

Was it sucessful?

How may times did you try? Were they in a row?

What regimen did you use?

My doctor recommended us trying nipple stimulation to bring on labor. I showed her a nipple stimulation regimen that I found on line that's supposed to help prevent uterine hyper stimulation and she agreed that was the best way to go. It's like 2 minutes on, 2 minutes off, 2 minutes on and then a 20 minute break. She said having sex during that time could really help.

Anyway have you tried it...if you can you answer the questions above for me? THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have any of you tried nipple stimulation with a breastpump or hand pumping? i tried hand stimulation.

How many weeks were you? i was 40 weeks

Was your cervix ripe? yes

Was it sucessful? yes i went into labor 1 day later

How may times did you try? Were they in a row? too many to count, some were in a row others were not, i tried to do it constantly for at least 20 minutes and then stop for 10-20 and then again for 20.

I'm not positive that is what put me into labor but i did it a lot and started labor the next morning after doing it all day the previous day. Good luck.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 11:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yeah, it just made my nipples hurt. lol.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 11, 2009