Have you ever had a returned check before?

Did you know when you wrote it that it would probably go back? Was it jsut a mistake of miscalculation? did you take care of it immediately or wait a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• No. Never have. I think I would die of embarassment. I am well known in our community and my face is plastered everywhere.....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have, but this one really was not my fault. I had written a check to Wal-Mart and it came back. I KNEW I had the money in the account before I wrote the check, it was in my balance book. When I looked online to see the problem, I had a company taking money out of the account. I didn't know what the company was or what they did. They had been taking out money for a couple months. Shows you how I never looked at my bank statements. I talked to the bank and got that stolen money back. I also made a complaint about the company, but by then it was too late. I already had to pay and extra $20. That was the most embarrassing thing in the world.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have. It was several years ago, though. I was in the Navy and didn't have my bills set up online so when we pulled into San Diego one time and stayed at a hotel, I wrote all my checks out for my bills. Then I accidently left them at the hotel. I was able to call the hotel and had them sent to my mom's house. I then wrote new checks and sent them out. My mom sent out the other ones even after I told her not to. So I did end up bouncing a few checks. I took care of it right away - probably not totally right away since we had been underway, but as soon as I was aware of the problem. and then set up online bill pay for everything but the rent and also added overdraft protection.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:49 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yup....I have had accidental miscalculations due to companies having acces to my bank account. I had to put a stop to all electronic checks debiting my account. No paper check no cash for them.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 11, 2009