Woman of the 20th century do you mind being the bread winner

Myni

Asked by Myni at 10:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• I am not and never would be. Yes, I would mind ALOT!!!

truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am a woman of the 21st century and I am the breadwinner in my family. Proud of it, too!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Every single mom in the country is the breadwinner....
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I am the bread winner my husband is a SAHD. We both worked and when I found out I was pregnant we looked at who made more and who had the potential to go even further in their career and it was me. I had our children took time off for each one and up to one year they went to work with me. My company allowed me to bring my child to work until they were a year old. I took them to work with me until they were 6 months it was a huge distraction otherwise. I pumped breast milk then couriered it home to my husband. I love working and my kids love being home with daddy. He is a writer and has enjoyed his time with the kids. It has cleared his mind and allowed him to write some really beautiful things. Feminism was about giving a woman a choice to do what they want. For me it was working for my sister is was being a SAHM. I am sad when women call me selfish because I love working. I feel sorry for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I had our children took time off for each one and up to one year they went to work with me. Sorry worded that wrong thought I deleted I had the option of up to a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I LOVE making money and supporting my family!!! He's always provided for us and I couldn't stand asking him for things. Now I just do what I want when I want it. I work at home, so I guess you can have your cake and eat it too!
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 12:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Why would I mind? My dad didn't mind being the breadwinner...

Answer by rkoloms at 12:21 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• For 4 years I was the breadwinner while my husband went to college. I didn't mind. Now he is the breadwinner while I have a baby and will be a SAHM for a few years. Then I'll go to college and get a job. He'll probably make more than me by that time because he'll have worked for quite a few years and have raises, but I don't care. If he were to be laid off and I had to go back to work while he did the SAHD thing, I wouldn't care.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• My husband and I are both the breadwinners and I absolutely love being able to provide money to our family. :)
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 1:01 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I guess i'm in the minority here - my husband was laid off Sept. 2009 and it's now Feb 2010 - 6 months w/only my income, and I do not make that much - i can pay the mortgage, car and utilities and that's it. . It wasn't planned out for sure and he was supposed to go back to school in Nov but due to some health issues, he dropped out. Now 3 months later he's dragging his feet again. And then let's talk about the household stuff - It makes me so angry to come home to a sink full of dishes, he does not cook, and I know he's watching TV about 90% of the time. Our son is 1 yr. by the way so I don't believe him watching TV for 8 hours is good for him - especially if my husband is watching Weeds or Batman - stuff full of sex or violence. Needless to say it has caused a HUGE strain on our marriage. Am i happy - uh no. But i have no choice.
    Anonymous