Do woman feel that the roles of men and women have blurred

Myni

Asked by Myni at 11:09 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't think there should be "roles" for men and women. It's not the 50s anymore and thank God! You wouldn't see me staying home all day and waiting on my husband hand and foot when he got home from work! We have an equal partnership and share household chores AND child rearing duties, and THAT is how I think it should be.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:14 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• roles are ridiculous. You are who you are. It's 2009.........roles are out of style....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i agree with the 1st statement i dont think there should be roles.i think w.e works for people in there relationship will be just fine.as for my relationship.my man and i make the money.we both cook.we both clean.and we r both gonna be taking care of the baby.i think ill go mad if i had to do all that stuff by myself while hes at work all day.thank god for equality
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 11:16 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• There are no roles. There are partnerships. It's crucial to the success of a relationship and/or marriage.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:20 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes. I think there has been a deliberate attempt to blur the distinction between the sexes. It is evident in the way people dress, job roles, even the way households are run. I am all for cooperation and for equality of treatment, but I also love that men are uniquely men and women are uniquely women. When both man and wife have firmly grasped who they are and what their roles are, that is a recipe for indescribable happiness and contentment.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:25 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• im old fashioned my man worked and i did all the cleaning the cooking taking care of baby and dog and when he got home he took care of dd played with her and that while i made dinner then we sat and relaxed together and he took care of DD so i could unwind a bit
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:38 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• As long as everything gets done,who cares?I say if the job doesn't require a penis or vagina to do it,either can do it!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Whether or not there should be roles, the fact remains they exist. I think they have blurred some...and it is a positive thing. I know families come in all shapes and sizes too. But I have 5 kids and I know that for my boys there comes a time when even if I am super mom, I am no replacement for a penis! I am not a man and I am glad my boys have a dad to deal with men issues. Same goes for dad and our girls. I can toss a football and he can go to ballet lessons, but I am glad they have both parents, it is ideal. THIS IS NOT TO SAY SINGLE OR SAME SEX COUPLES CANNOT RAISE PERFECTLY HAPPY AND HEALTHY KIDS! So no one get your panties in a bunch.  In the work place things are moving along but slowly.  I think a female cop or construction worker is awesome!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:35 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• everyones talkin about its not the 50's and there should be no roles. i think thats ridiculous! since i was 16 ive been sayin i wish it was the 50's!!!! i swear on my life i wish it was like the 50's men work women cook clean and take care of the family and especially the man after a hard days work and back then where there was no such thing as fuckin cheating ....where there were such things as 50 yr anniversary...god i would do anything to be back in the 50's
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• i tell my man when we are married i want to be a stay at home mom i wanna wake up at 5:30 to start my day cook him and the kids breakfast and get the kids ready for school and make sure my man has what he needs before he goes to work. drop the kids off come home clean dust do laundry hang them on the line and then iron clothes and then start cooking and when the kids come home help them with their homework and make sure theres a hot meal ready for my man so when he comes home all he has to do is enjoy it and then jus relax and play with the kids and then at night have our time together and jus the whole thing ! i would love that ...and i would love to a 50 yr anniversary
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 11, 2009