ok im confused...

my once GREAT sleeper.. now wakes up 2-3 times a night (shes 6 months) but shes not fully awake persay.. she is still half out of it and fussing i move her and readjust her and shes back out what could be the cause of this odd fussiness?

preggoinmn

Asked by preggoinmn at 11:40 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That age babies are teething, going thru growth spurts, and usually learning how to sit and/or crawl. Those things will disrupt their sleep. It doesn't last forever :) Although it will happen again in a few months when they learn how to stand and/or walk.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Is she teething? That could be it. Also, once my daughter could roll, the good sleeping thing went out the window.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 11:44 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• If it's teething, try Hyland's teething tablets, you can get them in Walmart or the drugstore - they are homeopathic so they won't hurt your baby.
    used2chaos

Answer by used2chaos at 11:54 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Some times your baby might have had her routine messed up. It doesn't have to be anything big, maybe a visitor or a late night guest. She also might be having dreams. No one knows when babies start dreaming, but she might be having a little dream that is making her fussy. Those are some things I had to deal with. Give it time. She will grow out of it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 12:47 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Mine does the same thing sometimes. He will be 5 months tomorrow. It could be any of the things already mentioned. Then again it could be that she's just uncomfy and needs a bit of repositioning. Makes sense to me. I know that when I sleep in the same position for too long I wake up uncomfortable. Why wouldn't the same thing be true of our babies? Especially as they get bigger. The older they are, the more they weigh. The more they weigh, the more pressure is on certain spots when they lay down. And at 6 months old, even though they can do more for themselves, I would imagine that it is tough to readjust in the middle of the night.  That would explain why all you have to do is move & readjust her for her to settle back to sleep.

Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 12:57 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• they kinda go through this during growth spurts or teething
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• going thru the same exact thing right now....my dd is 6 months also. She is def teething, and she is starting to eat more, so im sure she is having a growth spurt. I just thank god for the little sleep i do get and pray that it will soon pass.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009