Why did you choose to have children?

and do you ever regret it?

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• I contemplated having kids for a long time . I talked with women who did have kids and then women who didn't have kids - I really had No idea if I ever wanted to be a mother. My husband and I finally were stable together for 8 years and decided we DO want to have kids - I tried for 3 years - finding out that I may not be able to have them at all. Had a couple surgeries on my internal organs that were needed and had a 3 month window to get pregnant and DID...woohoo - then popped out the hardest non-medically challenged infant in the whole world - he didn't stop crying from the moment we brought him home for what seemed like a straight year and Yes - for quite a while, i DID regret my long researxhed decision. But as time went by, my love grew and even though he's now only 19 months old - i can't imagine life without him and Finally, Don't ever want to!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• To be fruiful and multiply, too add to the human race, to pass on my genes, to love unconditionally
    Myni

Answer by Myni at 11:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I have 2 children and I wish I could have more. But I can't afford it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• When I had my son I felt it was time for me to have a child. Even though I was in a horrible place in my life. My husband was abusive, I had very little emotional support from my parents but all of that changed the further along I got. I divorced the abusive husband and my parents absolutely adore my son. I spent many years as a single mother but my son and I are wonderful now. Things were very hard for a long time but I think that taught us both to appreciate the little things.

Now that I remarried and am pregnant with the new sea monkey, my son has taken on the big brother role very well. Our families are waiting anxiously for any news about this new grandbaby.

It's funny how life works out. One day you're in the worst emotional state ever and as life evolves it truly comes full circle. Babies are wonderful.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Babies bring a whole new sense of love to it's parents and those involved in it's life...

I wanted to expand my heart...find that new love..and that love is TRUELY, truely amazing. nothing on this earth compares to being a Mother...my son has also brought me closer to my Hubby and it also deepens and even brings around a different kind of love for my Hubby and I...I've gotten SOO much love out of having our son....I truely can't wait to have more children....for me, it's all about the love...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I didn't choose to have my children. My children chose to have me as a mother. Each of my children was a surprise blessing I never thought to ask for. Although there are several things I wish I'd done differently in the beginning, I certainly don't regret having them.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 12:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• To be completely honest, not one of my children were planned. They were not accidents, though. I consider them the best surprises ever! With my first 2 we weren't being careful and knew it was possible, but weren't really planning on it happening. Yeah, we were young and dumb. But I'm so glad it worked out the way it did!! My last one I conceived as I was coming off birth control. I really thought it was still working. I couldn't imagine life without them, though!!
    Anonymous

• I had never planned to have children. I remember a day when I was 19 wondering what in the heck happened that I had gotten pregnant. I am pregnant for #4 currently.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• why did I? Not sure whay but too late now.
    Marie
    marievegan

Answer by marievegan at 1:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Didn't plan on the one I have and one is enough for me. I don't regret having him just sometimes wished I had been more prepared for the unexpected.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 1:41 PM on Jun. 11, 2009