First Birthday

What kind of party did you have for your lil one on their first birthday? What did you do? I want to start planning now but not sure what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We just had family and a couple close friends over. We had lunch, cake, and just hung up streamers and balloons. My DD got to play with her cousins and the adults got to chat. It is overwhelming enough to have people around, and have a lot of sugary cake, so adding to that is creating a chance for overwhelming your child and making the day not so much fun! I'd say, keep it small, lo key, and have it at a time you know your child will be happy and rested.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We rented a banquet room and had dinner and cake, present opening, games, lots of fun! I decorated it all in Disney Princess, streamers, banners, ballons, table clothes, plates, napkins, everything! We statred about 3:30 so it was after babys nap and it went great! We had to rent a banquet room though because the whole family wanted to join and I have a mom, dad, and step dad and all their family and hubby has mom, dad, step dad, step mom and all their family too. No one has a house big enough for all that. And unfortunatly my LOs Bday is in Dec so BBQs or parks ar out of the question. I had the camera and video camer going the whole time and got some adorable shots! Be sure not to forget yours!
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• We rented a pavillion at a park. It was a lot of fun. We did a prince theme and my little one had his own crown! So cute! We invited friends who have children, family memebers and a couple of kids from his daycare class that he was "friends' with. He loved it! The kids just played since we were at a park, so we didnt have to worry about activities for the kids. We also had a huge spread and of course a big cake for the guests and smash cake for him. Like the PP said, dont forget the camera!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 4:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009