Teens on drugs

There is so much moms don't know. Its scary how out of control these kids are. I fear my child maybe swayed into trying drugs. I'm spend a lot of time with him but you never know. Does anyone test their kids randomly as a fear tactic?. I have been thinking about this. I made him to believe his phy lab tests would show anything. He sometimes shows anger that's all maybe energy drinks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• oh he seemed a little concerned about what I meant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Fearing parents does not keep kids off drugs because once they are on them, they only fear not getting their next fix. You must talk to them about addiction and help them understand why this way of life is so bad.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 12:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• This is one of the few things that keep me up nights as a parent. Once in the grip of addiction there is little we can do. It is a battle they must fight themselves. I would remain open and honest with your son, but I certainly would not threaten him with random drug testing. Especially if he had given you no reason too. In Ohio, a Dr.s office cannot leagally test a kid without their knowledge. Why are you thinking he is doing drugs?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Well its not the parents fault that the kid does drugs, its usually that one kid does it, and everyone else thinks its cool. I have a bunch of potheads that go to my school. They are stupid as hell and they are gross. They all smell really bad and they dont do anything. This is half of my school.

I think drugs are gross. Drinking and smoking cigarettes is not too bad, but anything worse than that is completely pointless.
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:19 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• mammabella - do you realize that smoking cigarettes & drinking alcohol are far worse for your body than smoking pot? and OP, as someone that was around drugs a lot when i was a teen (which was only a few years ago) it really does help when a parent speaks openly about drugs & the effects they can have on your body & life, not to mention the lives of people around said drug user. and don't forget to include perscription drugs, cigarettes, and alcohol.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2009