Why do people feel the need to give a speech about something unrelated, when answering a question?

I asked what kind of facial cleanser is your favorite and what kind of skin do you have? this is what i got

Before buying or selling any skin care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org
Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 12:02 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• When I read your question a that little tune from those "the more you know" commercials on NBC went through my head. I really don't like that either. You just asked what worked best, you didn't need a disclaimer.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 8:07 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't know!! It's SOOOO annoying!! It happens all the time.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009