to date or not do date

Ok i am going out with a guy that was matched from my best friend she said he is def perfect for me .He was a school teacher and he is a warden in a correctional .So he is bad ass and nice with kids .We have alot in common like music and alot of stuff .But here is the kicker he uses really big words and goes on and on last time we spoke i thought of other things while he was talking and was constantly zoning out.He doesnt joke alot like i do he is more serious hmmm should i keep going or not there is def alot of attraction going on .Some of my jokes he takes in offense .

hush84

Asked by hush84 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• my adult children get upset with me bc I do that (use big words and go on and on! LOL) Maybe I should date your guy and we find you another one! Of course, you can always adjust to him if you like him. Just tell him what the problem is. He sounds like a smart man so he can adjust as well. Good relationships are always a compromise. Give it a try after you talk to him and try the adjustment. If not, you can always send him my way!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:25 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Hmmm if your comfortible go for it dont give up that quick
    Anonymous

• If he is boring to you that is not likely to change. I would probably not date someone who found me offensive and I found boring no matter how attracted I was to him. I want substance in a relationship and if you both are in fundamentally different places you will only end up with attraction and that will fade quickly.
    Anonymous

• Im am hoping that i can give him the dumb look and just say hey use the idiot vocabs im lost but im scared i think he will get mad if i say i do like him alot
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Personally from what you described...
    I will bet money you are wasting your time.
    You would not be posting this if you knew.
    A man has to have a sense of humor...I would be bored.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:36 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Poor guy no he actually is trying to make me have fun poor thing he is so nice i mean i cant complain i am just rtying to find a way for him to not overwelme me with his vocab
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 11, 2009