The Pandemic Alert level is at 6 now. How are you effected by this flu if at all?

Has this touched you or your family at all? Dh has had to do some training for work.
Here is a great website with resources.
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/influenza/swineflu/resources/swineflures.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It is just the freakin' flu.....Lot's of folks get the flu every year.....I don't give a crap whay they call it this year...it's no different than the flu I got 3 years ago....I'll go to the doctor and get some Tamiflu, just like I did then, and then I will be fine and back at work in one day.....
    Anonymous

• It hasn't effected my family or anyone that I know.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 12:17 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Um, anon...yeah it is just the freaking flu. That is why all the drug companies are scrambling to come up with enough tamiflu (the stuff YOU take for granted will be there), and they are desperately trying to come up with a vaccine. Pull your head out of your "place" and do some research.
    Anonymous

• I'm pretty sure like everyother flu, it is dangerous for little children and the elderly or someone with a chronic disease, ect. Most of the people that have died from this had other medical issues or because of dehydration. It is important to be aware though.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I spoke with my brother who lives abroad and he told me that if someone is suspected of having the flu he/she is quarantined.
    Anonymous

• Yeah even run of the mill flu can kill people.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yes, other countries are taking this much more seriously then ours.
    Anonymous

• Considering the seasonal flu kills 90 or more a day each year I am not too worried. We actually all got the swine flu last month. It was time for our check ups my youngest was sniffling so the doctor decided to do a flu test because of the swine flu panic. She tested all 5 of us and we all came back positive. We never got sick and felt fine other than my little one with the sniffles and we all felt a little tired. My doctor said to stay home and not tell people she said many people are being treated badly if others know they have it. I did tell my neighbor on the phone they have not allowed our kids to play together since and now we are a pariahs in our own neighborhood. I would wager my neighbors where who gave it to us they have family from Mexico here the same week we got the swine flu.  The CDC counts on this as do drug makers to peddle drugs.  The sheep buy into everything

Anonymous

• The big thing difference between this flu and the regular flu is the age group it's hitting. Also, pregnant women seem to have a lot of issues with it. The first American to die from it was pregnant, the first Caribbean death was a pregnant woman and I know there was a woman in Scotland who was in critical condition and I think she lost her baby. If you're pregnant and start showing signs, you just need to get to the doctor right away.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 1:05 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I live in Italy and no body cares about the swine flu.
    sw33t_blond3

Answer by sw33t_blond3 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009