how can I block adult sites?

My son 6 years old play games on the internet, yesterday in the history there was an adult site offering to subscribe , I think it was hidden in the games, so I am very concerned about it, I erased the history and I blocked the games sites, but is there other programme to block adult photos or sites?
Thanks

happymom384

Asked by happymom384 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If you can purchase McAfee SiteAdvisor. We have this on all of our computers here at home. Not only can you block sites which contain even phrases with the word sex, etc. in it, it is also a great virus blocker as well.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• if you have vista, like i do, theres a parental controls option already on your computer!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Symantec is offering their parental control software for free through January 1. I have it on our computer and set it up for a couple of friends. It has great reporting, doesn't slow down the computer, and is really easy to use.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009