Can I inject Barbecue sauce into a turkey and fry it for a outdoor summer Party?

My home is known for fried turkey at all Holiday dinners. I think it would be a nice surprise to serve it outside. What do you think???

Cupcakes4u2

Asked by Cupcakes4u2 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think it sounds delicious, but I'd try less sugary injection, just in case it leaks out you don't want it to burn.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:30 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I don't see why not. I would thin it down. However it will only add a bit of flavor not moisture. thin it down with some oil or butter and some liquid ( chicken stock, Dr. Pepper, coke, ginger ale, wine, beer....take your pick )
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:18 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• NO! You can only inject meat with an oil base type season. If you are deep frying it, once the BBQ sauce seeps outside the holes in the turkey and hits the grease it's going to POP! Like putting water in hot oil! I wouldnt do it.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2009