When a question is asked, why do people almost always assume the worst?

I ask about helping a 15 yr. old with her sexuality, most of you assumed, I didn't tell her that I will love her no matter what. I do love her and I want what's best for her, and she's been told so. What I wanted was a way to talk to her without pressuring her to conform to my beliefs. I realize that I can cause her to turn away from me, that's why I posed this question. I'm looking for help, hoping you could give me something I haven't thought to use or knew to use. Whatever she chooses to do, I want her to know the pro's and con's. Iwould never force the word of God on her, that has to be a choice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Jun. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It can be hard to tell what a person really means when all you see are words on a screen. Things can be misunderstood. It's really that simple. That and some people just want to cause drama too.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:51 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• hon, its a phase most likely, I am person specific, which means I look for things I like about a PERSON and when I find that I'll date them. I don't care much for gender, I don't consider myself "bi-sexual" because I think that's an excuse to have sex with either male or females, though my options are the same as a bisexual I don't think of it from a sex point of view I think only of what I like and enjoy in a person.

her sexuality is just that, HER sexuality, and you should be supportive and just wait it though, this is common in high school, a lot of girls and guys are into the gay and bi sexual thing because in there mind it expresses sexual freedom, there is a BIG chance its a phase that she will get out of, and until then just be cool with it and except her.

sometimes lesbians and gays are the truest from of love, because there care not about anything other than the person.

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:52 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I may live in lala land but why does a 15 year old needs to know about sexuality, she is a minor, it is illegal or so I think. I will say wait until you are mature enough to know what you want and who you are. Not judging but this is the only think I can think of when the phrase 15 year old ans sexuality is mentioned in the same sentence.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 12:58 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• just let her decide.she might be gay today and straight tomorrow.it happens.im sure ull make the right decision on how to handle it.just when she tells you dont show any type of judgement cuz its gonna be weird 4 her to talk 2 u again
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:00 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• to bebitas comment...theres 12 yr olds that noe more about sexuality then a 15 yr old now a days.and 15 yrs old is when they start to get more curious.and people mature at different ages u cant just not say anything its gonna come up.
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 1:03 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• you are a sexual person from birth!? little girls grabbing there labia, or little boys playing with there winkeys. were engineered and born to be "sexual". from the time little boys and girls grab there parts they no it feels good to play with, and by the time they no the diff between a man and a woman they have an idea of what they like! how could you be so stupid to think that people aren't born sexual creatures, its not something were taught, we no how to be sexual naturally! bebita, you need to think about what you say, because saying hurtful things to a teenager and not respecting there wishes and talking them through things is why they act out the way they do and do off the wall things for attention!

judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 1:04 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I wish I knew. Last week, a Mom asked for info about a D&C. One idiot assumed she was getting an abortion and proceeded to ask why she would do such a thing and offered to take her baby. Sick I tell ya!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:06 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• Yeah everytime you ask a question everyone is so mean and so negative. I am really thinking about deleting my cm account. I just hate it on here now. It's awful how some people are on here just answering questions to hurt someone's feelings or to put them down. And it's not right and not what cm is for. We are here to help one another not to be mean to eachother.
    SouthernMOM1981

Answer by SouthernMOM1981 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 11, 2009

• I understand self discovery in children, I understand that I am probably talking with a teenager so i won't elaborate more. There is no need for calling somebody stupid, I take no offense on it, I consider the source. Please re-read my comment, it only stated facts: 1) A 15 year old is a minor
    2) The more the brain matures (because at 15 it isn't fully mature yet) the more awareness in the decision taken, regardless of what the decision is. 3) The later you wait in life the more secure in who you are. So please take no offense in my posting, i meant no disrespect or no judging to anybody's life style. I am socked to read that there are sexually active 12 years old out there, it is news to me I figure these days children would wait until they were late on their teens but I guess I live in lala land after all.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:56 PM on Jun. 11, 2009